Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Canton
Help for You & Your Family When You Need It Most
If your loved one was involved in a serious accident that resulted in severe brain damage, you need a traumatic brain injury attorney in Canton. The seasoned legal team at Hasty Pope Davies, LLP puts over 150 years of combined legal experience to work for you, fighting to help you seek justice and financial compensation. After a traumatic injury, aggressive yet compassionate legal representation is the key to helping you and your family recover and move on.
Reach out to Hasty Pope Davies, LLP by calling (770) 741-1951 today. We offer free initial consultations and do not collect any fees unless we win your case.
Understanding Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the most dangerous and life-threatening conditions you can experience.
Brain injuries may be caused by:
- Participation in sports
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Assault and other violent acts
- Being struck by something
- Bicycle or pedestrian accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
The symptoms of a TBI may be immediate or delayed and include blurred vision, difficulty concentrating, confusion, and irritability, among others. Immediate medical attention is always required after this type of injury.
The recovery period after a TBI can vary widely. There will be an improvement in people with mild brain injuries that affect the brain cells temporarily. However, many people never fully recover from a traumatic brain injury. They face years of expensive medical costs and rehabilitation. Additionally, the injury often results in a permanent disability, rendering the person unable to work and earn a living. A Canton traumatic brain injury lawyer from Hasty Pope Davies, LLP, LLP can help you seek fair compensation for you and your family.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
While every brain injury is serious, there are several types of traumatic brain injuries classified from mild to moderate to severe.
Some of the most common types of brain injuries include:
- Concussions: A concussion is a relatively mild brain injury caused by a significant blow to the head or violent forces that cause the head/neck to move quickly, resulting in damage to the brain. Concussions can have serious implications, particularly when a person suffers multiple concussions.
- Contusions: “Contusion” is the medical term for a bruise; a brain contusion, therefore, is a bruise that forms on the brain, typically due to a significant blow to the head or violent force/impact. Brain contusions are considered mild and often heal on their own, though surgical removal may be necessary in some cases.
- Coup-Contrecoup: A coup-contrecoup brain injury occurs when the head and neck move so violently, the brain hits the opposite inside of the skull. This results in two injuries: one at the impact site and one on the opposing side. Coup-contrecoup is a serious brain injury and requires immediate medical attention.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: A diffuse axonal injury, or DAI, is characterized by tears in the microscopic fibers and connective tissues within the brain. Depending on the size of these tears, DAI can lead to catastrophic brain damage or death. Because it is a closed-head injury, DAI can be difficult to diagnose.
- Skull Fractures: A skull fracture occurs when the bone surrounding the brain (the skull) breaks. Because the head is not capable of absorbing significant impacts, such as those that cause skull fractures, such an injury can also cause brain damage. In some cases, pieces of bone may pierce the brain, causing further trauma.
If you or someone you love suffered any type of brain injury, do not hesitate to reach out to the experienced legal team at Hasty Pope Davies, LLP. You could be entitled to financial compensation for your economic and non-economic damages; our Canton brain injury lawyers are here to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have throughout the legal process.
Damages in Traumatic Brain Accident Cases
TBI victims and their families often suffer significant, long-lasting hardships. The cost of treating a TBI alone can easily exceed hundreds of thousands—if not millions—of dollars in medical expenses, medications, medical equipment, and in-home care costs. In addition to being physically limited and/or unable to return to work, victims also face considerable emotional distress as they struggle to cope with a new way of life.
At Hasty Pope Davies, LLP, we believe that you and your family deserve to be compensated for the losses you have endured. Our attorneys can help you fight for compensation for your:
- Emergency medical care costs
- Hospitalization/ambulance fees
- Ongoing and future surgeries and other treatments
- Physical and/or cognitive rehabilitation therapy
- In-home care costs
- Medications and medical equipment/devices
- Home modifications
- Lost income, wages, and other employment benefits
- Lost future earnings and loss of earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Counseling services/therapy
Our goal is to not only help you recover for your losses but also to hold the negligent party accountable to prevent future harm. At Hasty Pope Davies, LLP, we care deeply about our community and are committed to making it a better, safer, and stronger place for all.
Compensation for Lasting Consequences
A brain injury causes devastating and lasting effects. Although monetary compensation can never reverse the damage, a fair settlement can provide the financial resources necessary for long-term medical care and rehabilitation, as well as help make up for your loss of income.
At Hasty Pope Davies, LLP, our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Canton provide compassionate and effective legal representation that has helped countless clients get the compensation they need to carry on with life after a TBI. To date, we have recovered over $100 million for our clients; let us fight for you, too.
Expectations Exceeded- Brian and Sheryl
Simply the best- Christine Chester
Quality representation by intelligent and honorable legal team- Former Client
Absolutely satisfied with the way were treated- Michael Smith
Top notch service- Nicole Smith
$9,000,000 Wrongful Death
Settlement of $9 million in September of 2019. This was for the family of a 20-year-old man struck and killed by a driver who crossed the centerline in Cherokee County, Georgia on May 18, 2018.
$6,000,000 Truck Accident
A tractor-trailer lost control and struck two motorcyclists, both suffered catastrophic injuries.
$5,000,000 Rear-End Accident
A female client was rear-ended at a high rate of speed in Fannin County, Georgia, a county in North Georgia. The negligent driver was following too closely and failed to maintain control of her vehicle.
$2,800,000 Dental Malpractice
A woman sustained permanent injury to her mouth and teeth as result of dental work performed below the standard of care by a dentist employed by a large corporate dental chain.
$2,500,000 Intersection Collision
A woman suffered multiple injuries including head trauma, multiple rib fractures, and a collapsed left lung when another car ran a red light and struck her vehicle in West Palm Beach, Fla.
$2,000,000 Intersection Collision
Our 76-year-old client, Sara, was on her way home from the salon. She was driving through an intersection on a green light when a young driver turned in front of her.
$1,735,000 Distracted Driving Accident
Our client was struck and killed on I-985 in Hall County, Georgia. Our client had pulled off I-985 to secure his load and was outside all lanes of travel.
$1,700,000 T-Bone Collision
A woman suffered permanent injury to her dominant arm after being involved in a collision at Davis Drive and Mansell Road in Alpharetta, Georgia.
$1,650,000 Accident on MARTA Bus
Our client sustained an injury in an accident in which the wheelchair ramp of a MARTA bus closed on her foot in 2016.
$1,300,000 Motor Vehicle Accidents
A 49 year-old was injured when a driver ran a red light causing a collision. The client suffered injuries to his head, face, neck, shoulder, and knee requiring multiple surgeries and procedures.