Georgia Johnson and Johnson Hip Replacement Recall Lawyers
Thousands of people have been affected by the failure of the DePuy ASR Hip Replacement System. If you or a loved one has received the DePuy hip replacement it is important you know that there is now legal recourse you can take to claim your deserved compensation. Contact the Hasty Pope personal injury attorneys today for a free consultation today.
Nearly 13% of DePuy Hip Replacement patients requiring corrective surgery
In August 2010, the DePuy division of Johnson and Johnson issued a recall of 93,000 defective hip implants. DePuy notified doctors and patient that their ASR hip replacement products had a higher-than-normal failure rate of 12-13%. The current failure rate means one in eight people will need to get a second hip replacement. Therefore, more than 11,000 people may need to undergo a second hip replacement procedure by 2014.
Patients whose implants failed need a second hip replacement within five years or the original hip replacement surgery. This second surgery, called a revision, would involve having the ASR hip replacement removed and a brand-new hip replacement substituted.
Symptoms of Defective DePuy Hip Implants
Initial symptoms of defective implants include:
- Serious or lingering pain
- Difficulty walking
- Dislocation of the hip implant
- Sensitivity to metal
- Increased metal ion levels in the blood
- Bone staining
- Nerve damage
- Tissue damage
- Muscle damage
Schedule a consultation with your surgeon to evaluate how your hip is functioning.
Hip Replacement Complications
- Metal flakes in the bloodstream
- Surgery Complications
Why you need the hip replacement attorneys at Hasty Pope
A hip replacement lawyer is an essential resource for those affected by the DePuy hip replacement recall for three reasons.
- We understand all the costs involved DePuy is only offering to reimburse people for the “reasonable and customary” costs for the recall. DePuy not you is defining what “reasonable and necessary” is. Your costs go beyond the actual medical costs including transportation costs, lost wages, lost time and pain and suffering. Your hip replacement lawyer we help make sure you get all the compensation you deserve.
- DePuy has top flight attorneysDePuy’s lawyers are sophisticated in the process of recalls and litigation and are prepared to protect the interest of the company in thousands of hip replacement lawsuits. You need experienced an experienced personal injury law firm to help protect your rights.
- Hip replacement lawsuits can be complicatedA hip replacement lawsuit isn’t as complicated as a class action securities case or a first amendment constitutional one, but it’s not something that can be done effortlessly. Time, tenacity, and diligence are all required to present the best case to a court as possible. Without a hip replacement lawyer, you may be underprepared, which can reduce the damages you receive.
Any hip replacement patient with a Johnson & Johnson DePuy ASR hip implant should seek legal advice now because even if there are no symptoms now, there is a substantial risk of injury from these implants and there is limited time to file a lawsuit for compensation.
Our expertise and experience, combined with our highly trained staff, make us uniquely well-equipped to get you the most money you diverse. Contact us online today or call 1-866-759-2704 for a free consultation with our Atlanta personal injury attorneys. You never pay until the case is won.