Jon Pope graduated from The Citadel in 1992 and received his law degree from Georgia State University in 1995. Jon focuses his trial practice on a wide range of personal injury matters, including wrongful death, catastrophic injuries, and automobile and tractor trailer collisions.
Jon was recognized in Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers in 2012, published in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Wall Street Journal, and several other publications. Jon was named a “Rising Star” in 2006, 2009, and 2010 in Atlanta Magazine’s “Superlawyers” edition and he was recognized in Georgia Trend Magazine’s list of “Legal Elite” in 2010.
The firm’s verdict in Flippen v. AGL Resources was as one of the largest in 2009 in the Top Georgia Verdicts of 2009 publication.
Jon is a former President of the Young Lawyers Division and Executive Committee member of the State Bar of Georgia. Jon is a former two-term President of the Blue Ridge Circuit Bar Association and a trustee of the Georgia Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Jon also holds memberships in the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, Southern Trial Lawyers Association, for Justice, Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Gainesville-Northeastern Circuit Bar Association, Atlanta Lawyers Club, Old Warhorse Lawyers Club, Georgia Bar Foundation, and Gridiron Secret Society.
Jon lives in Gainesville with his wife, Amy Nix Pope, and his two children, Andrew (8) and Caroline (6). Jon and his family attend First Baptist Church of Gainesville and his children attend Gainesville City Schools.
Admitted to practice
- Georgia, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1998
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Georgia Trend Magazine, named one of the Legal Elite, 2009
- Atlanta Magazine (Superlawyers edition), named Rising Star,October 2006, March 2009, and March 2010
- Georgia Trend Magazine, named one of Georgia’s 40 under 40,2004
- Super Lawyers
- Georgia State University, JD, 1995
- The Citadel, BA, 1992
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, regional vice-president
- State Bar of Georgia-Blue Ridge Circuit Bar Association, two-term president
- Gainesville-Northeast Georgia Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Old Warhorse Lawyers Club
- Chief Justice Commission on Professionalism, member, 2006–2007
- Institute for Continuing Legal Education, trustee
- Cherokee County YMCA, board member, 1997
- Leadership Cherokee, graduate and former member steering committee
- Bank of North Georgia, advisory board, member
- State Bar of Georgia—Young Lawyers Division, executive committee member,
2005–2008 and president, 2006–2007
- Georgia Bar Foundation, fellow, past board member, 2006–2007
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- The Gridiron Secret Society